Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week2

Assignment: Collect 25 photos from the Lincoln Era. Collect 25 comtemporary photos.

Craft: To find the 25 photos from the Lincoln Era, I seached the internet and saved the specific photos to my flash drive. To find the 25 contemporary photos, I went out around my neighborhood and took pictures of ordinary, random things like signs, flags, buildings, etc. When I returned home, I put the contemporary photos onto my flash drive and printed all the photos in the classroom.


Composition: The contemporary photo that I took that I like the most would have to be the picture of the American flag. I took the photo outside of some random house. However, I think the lighting was just right and it came out looking very professional. I also like how the wind was blowing at the time to give the flag some life. My favorite Lincoln Era photo would have to be the photo I found of Uysses Grant standing against the pole. It was one of the only photos I could find of someone standing. I perosnally just think he has a cool look on his face. Grant looks worried, tired, and depressed. He looks like he has seen some bad things go down.
Concept: The pictures I would like to mix would have to be the one of my two friends dressed as the blues brothers and the standing picture of Ulysses Grant. The reason I wanted to mix those two pictures was to show that my friends look like they are having a good time in this picture. However, Ulysses Grant looks like he needs a drink and to lighten up a little bit. Grant looks tired, depressed, and worried. Therefore, the idea is that my friends know that Grant is having a bad day, so they want to cheer him up by taking him out, loosening up, and having a few beers. This will hopefully get Grant's mind off the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment