Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 4


Assignment: To finish the final draft of my mash-up.

Craft: Using photoshop I made several changes to my picture. First, I altered his facial expression. I put a grin on his face. I also altered his one eyebrow. Next, I added an irish cap. I also altered the neon sign in the background. I replaced "Hasty's Place" with "Lincoln's Place."

Compostion: I mashed a grand total of three photos together. The picture of a Abe Lincoln, The Bar, and I added a glass of beer to create the concept I has trying to convey.

Concept: Abe Lincoln often looks unhappy or serious in the majority of his photos. Therefore, I wanted it to seem like Lincoln was having a good time for a change. Adjusting his facial features allowed me to give the photo a more relaxed mood. I wanted to show that Lincoln is a guy that, if he was still around today, would be someone that many people could relate to because I don't think Lincoln was a very cocky person. If he was around today, I feel that he would be well liked and often meet with friends for a cold one. I feel that Lincoln was just a common man who was very good at his job and had a great undertsanding of values and priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment