Thursday, March 26, 2009

Week 9


Assignment- To print out our 9 -12 pictures of our storyboard and get into groups. While, in our groups, we are supposed to discuss the likes, dislikes, strategies and problems with our cartoon strip.
Craft- Basicall just print out the pictures individually so we could write our thoughts, suggestions, and ideas on the back of them. The idea is to be able to get a grasp on how well our pictures/drawings depict the story we are trying to tell.
Concept- My concept is basically to tell a story about a boring delivery man that has a rare and exciting moment in his everyday life. My overall objective in this concept is to make sure my story is cohernt, percise, and to the point so that other people can read/look at the pictures and be able to read it easily.
Composition- For the most part, my story makes sense to others. However, I need to add maybe one or two more drawings toward the end to complete some thoughts and for some transition perhaps. I am interested in how using only 2 colors will turn out!

1 comment:

  1. Craft: For this assignment Dave drew his comic and then used photoshop to add color to his drawings. To add the colors he had a to add additional layers and then he could use the different tools to color it. I like that Dave drew the images to look animated.

    Compostion: My eye is drawn toward the white speech bubbles and the largest object in each frame which consists mainly of people and scenary. His comic consits of nine frames and is set up very logically.

    Concept: Dave's comic is about a UPS man who delivers a very interesting package that gives him a fright.

    I felt that Dave's comic told his story very logically and I was very impressed with his craft. Not only were the drawings fun and exciting the coloring was also neat.

    ReplyDelete